Question by youdbesolucky: That old cliche about pretty, popular people failing after high school?
I got an invitation to my 6 year high school reunion the other day (I’ve never heard of such a thing, but okay…) and it got me curious. I went on Facebook where they had the event posted and it showed who was going, and I noticed not much had changed: the pretty, popular girls are still pretty and they all live in big cities and have careers now, a few are married. The popular guys, pretty much the same thing. And the less popular people were just working, some still in college, while apparently the “losers” didn’t have any education listed and just had photos of parties and everything else and it looked like they did a lot of drugs.
There was always a cliche in high school that the pretty, popular people would get fat or ugly or fail in the real world after high school while the nerds and less popular people succeeded and became successful. But from what I’ve seen, that’s not true. All the rich, popular people are still rich and popular and have a good life while the others succumbed to personal issues or drinking and drugs.
Does anyone think that old cliche actually means anything, and have you met people from high school that have changed or does everyone pretty much stay the same?
Answer by Winter
Six years? lol. Give them 20 years and get back to me.
I bet some of the successful people will end up with divorces, lose of income, failed businesses, unruly kids, drowing their sorrows in alcohol . . . At the same time some of the ‘losers’ may be able to pull themselves up and out of the unfortunate circumstances. What? Are they 24 or so? lol. NOT long enough to know the ending of the story yet. Just hold on tight.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Jillian Michaels
- Mega problem at school? Help?
- Why does society try teaching you that there’s certain things you HAVE to do to be “normal”?
- Q&A: I feel so stuck. I don’t know what to do.?
- Am I too young to get married?
- My mum says I won’t be able to get a good job if I go back to college and graduate at 26?Any thoughts?
- I am 23, gay. My parents say I shouldn’t go back to study. Any thoughts?
- There’s this girl I really like.?
- Why does everyone hate jocks?
- The Biggest Loser?
- I’m settling for a “LOSER” because I am “FAT”? any advice please?
- The Amazing Diet Solution